Highlights of the western outer galaxy include the Heart and Soul nebulae and the rest of the Cassiopeia arc, OB associations in Cepheus and Lacerta just outside the Gould Belt, the incredible young star formation regions of Cygnus, and the mysterious obscured Dark Zone.
You are here
- Basic plan of the Milky Way
- Surveying the Galaxy
- Mapping hydrogen
- Face-on map overview
- Introduction to the Milky Way Explorer
- The Cloud Hunters
- The Star Sweepers
- Things Unseen: The Westerhout radio sources
- The Avedisova catalog: A real Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
- Avedisova glossary
- Strange new worlds
- Commentary on the Galactic Plane
- Hydrogen-alpha commentary