The Perseus arm largely disappears as a home for major star formation regions in this quadrant and becomes a sequence of cold dust and gas clouds. The Orion spur and parts of the Outer arm remain prominent, and there is still plenty of interest here.
You are here
- Basic plan of the Milky Way
- Surveying the Galaxy
- Mapping hydrogen
- Face-on map overview
- Introduction to the Milky Way Explorer
- The Cloud Hunters
- The Star Sweepers
- Things Unseen: The Westerhout radio sources
- The Avedisova catalog: A real Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
- Avedisova glossary
- Strange new worlds
- Commentary on the Galactic Plane
- Hydrogen-alpha commentary